Zion National Park (Utah) – this hike was part of a 2-week trip in the American Southwest (May-June 2018).
Zion National Park consists of massive sandstone cliffs visited annually by more than 4 million people.
⚠️Entrance fee $35/vehicle/one week. Otherwise, buy America the Beautiful Annual Pass to enter more than 2000 American Natural Parks and Recreation Sites ($80/valid 1 year).
- highest point in the park Horse Ranch Mountain, 8726 ft / 2660m;
- the Virgin River and its tributaries flows through the canyon, carving and shaping it;
- the 1.1-mile-long Zion-Mt. Carmel Highway tunnel cuts through the vertical sandstone cliffs;
- distinctive red asphalt road that perfectly blends with the surrounding reddish canyon walls;
- extreme heat during summertime; make sure you have plenty of water when going hiking;
Follow the #IDRTravel posts to discover many other beautiful places on earth.