Valley of Fire State Park (Nevada) – this visit was part of a 2-week trip in the American Southwest (May-June 2018).
Valley of Fire State Park consists of many bright red sandstone that create amazing vistas. There is a winding scenic loop road that passes by many points of interest (check out the entire list here) like the Beehives, White Domes, Seven Sisters, Atlatl Rock, Arch Rock etc.
Anywhere you look around, there is a breathtaking view. You can spend more than a day in the park. There is even a camping place for tents/RVs. You can have a picnic in the shaded areas or hike one of the various trails (Rainbow Vista, Pink Canyon, The Fire Wave, White Domes etc.).
⚠️Entrance fee $10/vehicle or $75/one year and 20$/camping/night.
- official website: valley-of-fire.com;
- located in Nevada, less than 1h drive from Las Vegas;
- Nevada’s oldest and biggest state park, a desert environment with stunning rock formations;
- the park offers many hiking trails;
- no phone signal in the park;
Follow IDoRecommend’s posts to discover many other beautiful places on earth.