Horseshoe Bend (Arizona) – this visit was part of a 2-week trip in the American Southwest (May-June 2018).
Horseshoe Bend is a horseshoe-shaped meander of the Colorado River.
- it can be seen for free from the steep cliff above;
- this impressive landmark is a part of the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area;
- Horseshoe Bend Trail goes to the overlook point (1.5mi / 2.4 km round-trip) on a sandy terrain;
- little shade along the trail; be prepared with plenty of water;
- best time to take photos is at sunrise/sunset;
- parking area in the City of Page, Arizona;
Follow the #IDRTravel posts to discover many other beautiful places on earth.